Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Brief intro..


So, it's week 5 of my life in Dublin. Since I've lost my brain in a Guinness pint, multiple alley-stumbling nights thus far, I thought I might do a quick recap of my adventures. Aside from pubs, fiddles, and gingers, Ireland is incredible.I'll tell ya all about my crazy, interesting, wandering, hungry, and pubbed-up adventures of my life in Dublin and other travels of Europe.
"We travel  not to escape life, but so life does not escape us" -unkown
Alright, I'm Ali. I've had names from Fat American Bad ass, to Creature, so you can refer to me by whatever 'being' I close remind you of. I'm from a small town in upstate New York, and moved to Dublin in September....that's about all I can tell you for now, I'm in the process of figuring out the rest :)


My first day in Dublin! Overlooking the Liffey on the Ha'Penny Bridge. Beautiful day!



The first day I got here I had to wait about 2 hours for a cab to come pick me up at the airport, after an all-night flight from NY...A bit overwhelming but I felt more comfortable after meeting my first friend. Grete the stupid blonde Norwegian (I'm saying this because I got the nickname fat american badass from her),will be involved in many of the stories I'll share.

Meet Grete..


The first night in Dublin! Well, we'll just say the first
few followed a bit of the same equation. We start
with some new French friends..


Add a few Guiness...


...a bit of class...

... end Result.


No comments:

Post a Comment